Top 5 ways to celebrate Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day!
Every year, the entire planet comes together for one day to recognize our planet needs to be preserved for our children and grandchildren. It’s a great day to raise awareness on the matter, but this year, it’s time to take action!
We’ve put together a list of ways you can (realistically) make a change today:
- Gardening: clean out those pesky flowerbeds. Get your kids involved with the sweat equity that will bring your home into spring. Look for eco-friendly fertilizers at your local gardening store. Connect with neighbours, co-workers and friends to split and share perennial plants from gardens.
- Recycling: Do a spring clean out and donate your gently used stuff to those in need. Encourage your kids to donate their toys, books and clothes to a local shelter. This recycling brings warmth to your community and de-clutters your space.
- Repurposing: What about that old piece of furniture that could be cleaned-up, painted and outfitted with some retro hardwood. This makes for great storage in a lonely corner of a room!
- Cleaning: It is time…that garage, those windows! Chase the dust bunnies away using eco-friendly cleaners. Have children offer to help their grandparents with these chores!
- Celebrating: Have friends, family and neighbours over for the evening and do the event by candle-light. Try to plan the event such that everyone brings a dish that does not require the oven or electricity. What about an open-fire cook-out?